Information We May Collect
In order to provide you with products and services you have requested, to service the Card, and as we deem appropriate to determine your eligibility for products or services, we collect or reserve the right to collect the following types of nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you (or is provided to us on your behalf) including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number and date of birth;
- Information about your transactions with us or others, such as the balance on the Card, payment history, parties to transactions and Card usage;
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
Information We May Disclose and To Whom We May Disclose Information
Disclosures Permitted by Law
We may disclose all of the nonpublic personal information described above, as permitted by law. For example, we may use affiliates or vendors to perform services for us, such as providing customer assistance, processing your Card transactions, preparing monthly statements describing activity on the Card and maintaining or developing software for us. We also may disclose information in response to requests from law enforcement agencies or banking regulators.
Disclosures for Joint Marketing and Servicing
We may disclose all of the nonpublic personal information described above to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf including financial companies, such as banks and insurance companies; non-financial companies, such as direct marketers and mail houses; and others, such as membership organizations and others with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
In order to make available to you a wide variety of special non-financial products and services, such as discount travel, discount movie tickets and discount shopping programs, we may enter into arrangements with non-affiliated parties to provide you with such special offers. We may disclose all of the nonpublic personal information described above to these parties who may want to offer their products and services to you, unless you opt-out as described below.
Information Regarding Former Customers
Our Security Procedures
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees whom we determine have a legitimate business purpose to access such information in connection with the provision of products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with standards to guard nonpublic personal information about you.
Your Right to Opt-Out of Other Disclosures to Nonaffiliated Third Parties
- If you prefer that we not share nonpublic personal information about you with nonaffiliated parties as described under “Other Disclosures” above, you may opt-out at any time by sending an e-Mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting us not to make those disclosures. Your “opt-out” designation does not apply to disclosures permitted by law, disclosures for Joint Marketing and Servicing described above, or disclosures to which you have consented.
- If you have authorized a Registered User for the Card, and either you or the Registered User chooses to opt-out, that decision will apply to the entire Card.
- Once your request has been processed, it will remain in effect until you request a change. Please note that we cannot accommodate special opt-out requests.